Bankruptcy and Debt Consultation
What We Do
We represent people that have been sued by creditors, banks and credit card companies. You have rights and we know how to enforce them. Sometimes bankruptcy is only one of many options available. If you do nothing the creditor will obtain a judgment against you. See us for a cost free consultation about your options.
If you have received a Summons/Complaint by certified mail or by delivery of the Sheriff’s office, then you have been sued. Within the Summons is a time frame in which you must file an Answer to the allegations within the Complaint. Contacting the complaining party or their attorney does not protect you from a Judgment being granted to the creditor against you. Contact Rogers & Driver, PSC to insure that your rights are protected.
Should you fail to file an Answer with the Court in the allotted time frame, the Court will grant a Judgment against you. A court appearance is not required. A Judgment can be granted against you in different forms.
- Types of Judgment
(one or more of these can take place in order to satisfy the awarded Judgment):
- Wage Garnishment - Your employer will be instructed to withhold up to 25% of your gross wages each pay period and submit those funds to the Creditor.
- Non-Wage Garnishment - Your bank will be notified and any funds in your account(s) can be frozen and turned over to the Creditor.
- Notice of Real Estate Lien - A Judgment Lien will be placed on any real estate in which you currently or may in the future hold an interest.
These actions can be removed through the bankruptcy process.
We have been helping people using the Federal bankruptcy laws for over 30 years. We can help you use the Federal Bankruptcy laws to stop foreclosure, stop repossession of motor vehicles, stop wage garnishments, stop bank account seizures and to stop creditors. We have experience with :
- Chapter 7 Consumer Bankruptcy which can still be used to get rid of credit card debt
- Chapter 13 Consumer Bankruptcy which can be used to save your home even if you are behind on mortgage payments
- Chapter 12 Farm Bankruptcy which can be used by farm families to save your farm and home even if you are behind on bank payments
Before coming in for your first bankruptcy appointment, please download the attached information sheet we need you to complete.